Ex BT van water heater that runs of engine .

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Ex BT van water heater that runs of engine .

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    t4camperman
    Participant

Hi i got a water heater from a ex bt van it holds about 2 gallon it is connected to the engine heater pipes and the water runs through the coil inside the cylinder and thats what heats the water which u just pour in the top off it and then it comes out a pipe with a blow off valve.The question is has anyone ever used these for there campers as water heater for a sink or can they be used as for a shower or what ever its just when i have it i would like to try and use the water heater it seems a good ideal thanks mac…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. BT Van water heater.
    We’ve got an ex BT van with one of those water heaters. Have you got the warm air heater too? The water heater isn’t really feasible for a shower. It only heats up the water when you’re running the engine so unless you jump out and use the water as soon as you get where you’re going its going to be quite an expensive choice for heating up a bit of water. Ours is still tucked away somewhere but we’ve never tried it to see just how hot the water gets.